Thursday, October 15, 2015

Provo/Jordon River Parkway


Provo UT

It has been a year and a half since my last blog and many friends are asking that I continue this year.  We started our trip a week ago leaving on the Queen of Alberni (BC Ferry) and headed to Mt Vernon WA, Pendleton OR, Boise ID, Snowville UT and Provo.

If you had a map out you would see we are heading in a diagonal down to New Mexico.  This is my first real hike/walk with my camera since we started and there is always something of interest.

The Provo Trail stretches through the city of Provo from Utah Lake to the foothills at the other end of the city.


This horse was busy eating grass and I called to him for about 6 calls he decided to humour me and came for a visit.

Trail in the late afternoon light.

Provo River?

Provo River doesn't seem to be much of a river at this point but I suspect there are some large fish in there as they were feeding on something and making very large splashes.

Memorabilia 
This storage facility next to the RV park has been collecting gas station signs and pumps for a while and they were advertising that they wanted more.  

Off to Capital Reef today and it will be all new scenery for us...

1 comment:

  1. Maybe there was a couple of gators in the river?
    Looking forward to your blogs.............Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete